Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just waiting...

Even though I'll be living in Qikiqtarjuaq a week from today, both my parents and my friend who travelled here from Seoul have already been there. What's that about? For those of you who don't know, First Air and Canadian North fly a standard route: Iqaluit-Pangnirtung-Qikiqtarjuaq-Pangnirtung-Iqaluit. Knock out the weather in Pang and you're set for a loop around. This is what I've seen so far...

...flying in...I don't really know if you're supposed to see the hamlet down there. With a population of about 600, perhaps the buildings would melt into the snowscape. I guess I'll see next week.

Next there's the evening sun through the clouds. This one's actually taken at the airport. I'm pretty psyched that it's not completely flat. Although it's not as mountainous as Pang, there are still hills; the result is that it feels more open...not as cramped. A plane next to the landing platform would be nice though.


And the last picture is the one which interests me the most; the local airport residents. I realize that pets are pets and sled dogs are sled dogs but, regardless of your personal thoughts on who you share your house with, one has to agree that they are beautiful creatures.


...they do, however, look a bit ominous...I'll give you that..

..but, hey, this pic was taken when there was barely any snow in Pang! It looks like I'm going to get a longer snowmobile season next year...

No comments: