Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm waiting for the warmth...

It's June 12th. It's 2.0 C out there right now. It's 1.1 C in Qikiqtarjuaq right now. In Ottawa - where I'll be in a few weeks - it's already in the mid-20s. I haven't experienced that kind of heat since last August! The reality of spending time in the north is only now hitting; in the winter you notice that it's colder than the south, but it's still cold in Ottawa. Now all I can think of is that it's June and I wore my mittens to school yesterday.

I'm writing on this blog when I know that I should probably continue boxing my stuff. I know that it probably looks worse than it is, but packing to this extent is not really my strong suit. Unpacking, on the other hand, works well for me. Next week at this time, I'm hoping to be drinking my coffee curled up with a new view to take in. I also hope to have my internet hooked up to report it all. Yay!

No comments: